question

jnicholls avatar image
jnicholls asked

Tags not showing up in player profile when calling GetPlayerProfile,tags not showing up when calling getplayerprofile

Set up the client profile options to return tags since when running segments, it will be checking if the player does not have a certain tag on their player profile.

On login I want to grab the player profile and read only data to set certain data and reset the tags.

Problem is that GetPlayerProfile does not return tags on a player profile even when the user has tags on their player profile.

I have tried different steps to resolve this issue through setting but still cannot get tags to show up in the player profile.

I am wondering if I made a mistake or this is a bug with GetPlayerProfile.

titleID where this is happening is 1AF7 and the playerId with a tag is 57F68255F8D9C03B.

I tested this from postman and it only returned publisher id, title id, player id and displayname.

Set up the client profile options to return tags since when running segments, it will be checking if the player does not have a certain tag on their player profile.

On login I want to grab the player profile and read only data to set certain data and reset the tags.

Problem is that GetPlayerProfile does not return tags on a player profile even when the user has tags on their player profile.

I have tried different steps to resolve this issue through setting but still cannot get tags to show up in the player profile.

I am wondering if I made a mistake or this is a bug with GetPlayerProfile.

titleID where this is happening is 1AF7 and the playerId with a tag is 57F68255F8D9C03B.

I tested this from postman and it only returned publisher id, title id, player id and displayname.

Player Data
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jnicholls avatar image jnicholls commented ·

sorry for the double post

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan jnicholls commented ·

No worries - the AnswerHub folks are working on an update that'll improve the editor rather considerable (and so, help to avoid this).

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, that player account has no tags (https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/1AF7/players/57F68255F8D9C03B/overview). When you're looking at the profile in the Game Manager, tags show up in the Details box. For example:

What is the tag you're adding and what are the results you're getting from https://api.playfab.com/documentation/server/method/AddPlayerTag?

capture.png (13.9 KiB)
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sorry I was testing some functionality so the tags were removed during testing. I created a new user and added three tags so it would not be affected by my testing. I ran GetProfile again and the resulted returned are below. The tags do not show up in the player profile.

{
    "code": 200,
    "status": "OK",
    "data": {
        "PlayerProfile": {
            "PublisherId": "1CCF8604D6670911",
            "TitleId": "1AF7",
            "PlayerId": "DBEF948D1D8BDEAA",
            "DisplayName": "testjnicholls"
        }
    }
0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan jnicholls commented ·

I just tested it in your title, and I'm seeing it work fine. Here's my query, and the result:

POST /Server/GetPlayerProfile HTTP/1.1
Host: 1af7.playfabapi.com
Content-Type: application/json
X-SecretKey: {SecretKey}
{
	"PlayFabId": "DBEF948D1D8BDEAA",
	"ProfileConstraints": {
    	"ShowTags": "true"
	}
}
{
    "code": 200,
    "status": "OK",
    "data": {
        "PlayerProfile": {
            "PublisherId": "1CCF8604D6670911",
            "TitleId": "1AF7",
            "PlayerId": "DBEF948D1D8BDEAA",
            "Tags": [
                {
                    "TagValue": "title.1AF7.dayone"
                },
                {
                    "TagValue": "title.1AF7.daythree"
                },
                {
                    "TagValue": "title.1AF7.dayfive"
                }
            ]
        }
    }
}
0 Likes 0 ·

ok, how would this work with GetPLayerCombined Info since we are trying to reduce server calls while getting all the required player information.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.