question

mharandev avatar image
mharandev asked

Server Api in unity?,Server API inside unity?

Is it Possible to use server api methods inside unity or is it only possible through a cloud script??

Is it Possible to use Server.Api inside unity or is it only done through Cloud scripts and execute that script through a request in unity??

apissdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It's possible to use any of our API methods in a Unity application. However, I do need to caution that you should never expose the Secret Key (which is required for Admin, Server, and Matchmaker APIs) by making it part of an executable you provide to players. Doing so would effectively hand the ability to make any configuration changes to your title to hackers, including deleting player accounts, and (if you've enabled the Content service) using your title as an illegal fileshare source.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mharandev avatar image mharandev commented ·

@Brendan Thank you for your Reply.Yes I do agree with You but as i'm new to PlayFab i was just exploring the possibilities to use this tool as efficient as possible and yes I just used this to update the custom data for item instances so as to just make an item's custom data values depreciate rather than using up and deleting the whole item.

And thanks for replying i've found that i could do that in unity itself by myself i just feel stupid to have asked a silly question in the first place.

Thank you keep up the good work!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.