question

chadriddle avatar image
chadriddle asked

Link Google Account only partially works

I am using Unity 5.5.3, PlayFab SDK 2.23.17061 and Google Play Game for Unity 0.9.39a and am having the following issues for Title ID 9686:

1. When attempting to use LoginWithGoogleAccount after successfully authenticating with Google and receiving a valid Server Auth Token, PlayFab returns 409: Conflict. There are no other client calls being made at the time.

2. When attempting to use LinkGoogleAccount after successfully authenticating with Google and receiving a valid Server Auth Token, PlayFab returns success. However, the UserAccountInfo.UserGoogleInfo is filled in correctly, but the PlayerProfile.LinkedAccounts does not contain the Google Play account. The linked account doesn't show up in the Game Manager either.

I can also successfully un-link and re-link the Google Account, but it never shows up in the PlayerProfile.LinkedAccounts colleciton.

The user I have been testing with is PlayerId: B0BE0926C12F514E

Any thoughts?

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

Hey Chad,

I've gone ahead and created a ticket for this, it sounds like an issue with the API or back-end. One of our engineers will have to take a look and see what is happening on your specific title. We have had no other reports of receiving a 409 conflict error from the API. Please look for an email from us confirming the ticket creation.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ commented ·

I can independently verify the same problem exists.

We'll update this when we have a fix.

0 Likes 0 ·
chadriddle avatar image chadriddle 1807605288 ♦ commented ·

Any update on this? I have not seen any activity here or on the ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·
pdaz avatar image pdaz commented ·

I have another problem. Login with google works just fine, a link is created. But when trying to use LinkGoogleAccount I recieve InvalidGoogleToken error.

0 Likes 0 ·
pdaz avatar image pdaz commented ·

After I link Google Account and unlink Device ID at same time Game Manager stops working properly. It shows none linked accounts and stops collecting event history at all. Though I play on that account.

You can look at player 992CD775E659BB48 on 1941 title.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan pdaz commented ·

If you have a look at the profile with GetUserAccountInfo, you'll see that the Google account is still linked - the issue at the moment is solely that the Google account isn't properly updated on the profile display info (which the Game Manager uses) on link/unlink. But the PlayStream events are working fine for the player account - I just added and removed a tag for the player, to demonstrate that. You can see the events in the player's PlayStream history.

1 Like 1 ·
pdaz avatar image pdaz brendan commented ·

Will you fix Game Manager display of linked accounts?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.