question

nalin avatar image
nalin asked

Number of active players in a day / hour,Number of active players in a time period

Hi Brendan,

I just signed up to PlayFab and think we may have met a couple of years ago at Develop?

I have been looking through the API and wondered if there is a client API to show the number of active players in a day / hour to show how "busy" the game is? e.g. number of players playing / posting scores?

I was also interested in the number of total players / rank in the leaderboard and after searching the forums saw that the latter is returned in the API, but the former is a feature you may be planning for the future.

kind regards,

Nalin

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Indeed, we did - good to hear from you! Yes, the rank of the players in the leaderboard is indeed part of the current results, and while the total number of players in the leaderboard is not yet, we do plan to add that in future. Right now though, you could get that by setting a segment to be any player with a score greater than 0 in that statistic, and using GetPlayersInSegment to get the total.

We don't currently have a query for the number of API calls or active players in the last X hours/days, but that's a good idea that aligns well to the kind of analytics we've been providing more of recently (one example being the world map in the Game Manager). I'd recommend adding that to our Feature Requests forum, so that others can vote on the idea.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

nalin avatar image nalin commented ·

Thanks Brendan

Great to hear back. I have posted a request for this in the forum here:

https://community.playfab.com/idea/12342/number-of-active-players-in-a-day-hournumber-of-ac-1.html

cheers

Nalin

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.