question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

PlayFab + Photon both free?

Lucinskiapps
started a topic on Wed, 02 September 2015 at 4:25 AM

Hello,

it may have already been asked somewhere, but since my english is not the best, i could not really find an answer.

Since im just a beginner and don't want to spend money (atleast not much) for my first app/apps, i wanted to know if I could use the free photon license and the free playfab license in my Game.

I want to use Photon just for multiplayer, and PlayFab mainly for inapp purchases and storing account data (maybe to also somehow use a user id to play with a friend).

But on PlayFab it says i need premium for Photon, or is this only needed if i want to completely integrade Photon into PlayFab?

I think i dont need to really interact with both of those API's (only if i want something like friendlist), so it should be possible to use both free versions, am i right ?

sry again for my english :/

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

1 Comment
Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 03 September 2015 at 12:14 AM

Hi there,

It's certainly possible to use the Free tiers of both PlayFab and Photon in a game. In the case of PlayFab, our Free tier gives you access to authentication, receipt validation, user data, and title data, as well as basic metrics in the Game Manager. For Photon Cloud (Photon Chat, Photon Realtime, Photon Turnbased), the Free tier does limit you to a maximum of 20 concurrently connected users, and around 8K monthly active users (https://www.photonengine.com/en/Realtime/Pricing).

The Premium tier of PlayFab includes Photon Cloud at the unlimited level, meaning that a Premium tier title in PlayFab can use the Photon Cloud with as many users as needed. The cost of Photon Cloud is covered by the PlayFab DAU cost in this case.

Brendan

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

katamaran avatar image katamaran commented ·

"The Premium tier of PlayFab includes Photon Cloud at the unlimited level, meaning that a Premium tier title in PlayFab can use the Photon Cloud with as many users as needed. The cost of Photon Cloud is covered by the PlayFab DAU cost in this case."

if use photon and get PlayFab premium how much payment need for this?
0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan katamaran commented ·

The premium tier is from a very long time ago, and has not been available in ages. Ancient forum posts - particularly about business terms - may no longer be valid. Bear in mind that if anything changes (like our pricing), it's not possible for us to find every post that mentioned them and update them. The best thing to do would be to reply in that thread, and we'll then update it with the latest info (like with this one).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.