question

wave-bitcn avatar image
wave-bitcn asked

Need caller's id in log

Say I have two user 'userA' and 'userB', both have the right to change player's data.If player's data is changed, I don't know whether it is from 'userA' 'userB', player self, Cloud Script, or some server side.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Writing to a player's data from the client is only possible for UserData when it's the player's own data. Otherwise, it must be from a Server API call, where you always have the context of who the player making the call is - in Cloud Script, it's always currentPlayerId (https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/ExecuteCloudScript).

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wave-bitcn avatar image wave-bitcn commented ·

Maybe my means are not clear. 'userA' and 'userB' are administrators, they have Admin role.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan wave-bitcn commented ·

You can find who made the change in Admin->Audit History. It's logged as the "Editing username".

0 Likes 0 ·
wave-bitcn avatar image wave-bitcn brendan commented ·

thank u:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.