question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Getting "The URL for this request is not valid for this title"

Question from a developer:

When making a Server API call, I'm getting an error back:

The URL for this request is not valid for this title. The correct API endpoint is https://{titleId}.playfabapi.com.

If it helps, the call is Register game (I'm using an external game server).

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The use of external game server hosting actually isn't relevant. That specific error means "the Secret Key you provided as authentication header of the call isn't for the Title ID endpoint you called". The Secret Key must be a currently valid key from the title for the endpoint being hit - can you check that in your setup?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

joerg-miethe avatar image
joerg-miethe answered

sorry .. I get the same error:

"The URL for this request is not valid for this tit…ect API endpoint is https://xxxxx.playfabapi.com/",

when I call;

var updateName = { "DisplayName": name, }; PlayFabClientSDK.UpdateUserTitleDisplayName(updateName);

I´ve learned that the 'authentication header' is automaticly added by the SDK-Kit, I´m verry gratefull for every hint, where to look next :-(

10 |1200

benrandall avatar image
benrandall answered
@Joerg Miethe

That error occurs when you're using a token for the wrong title to make a call. So if you authenticate as a user for Title ABCD, and then use that token to make a call against CDEF.playfabapi.com, you will see the same error.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.