question

fiveampsoftware avatar image
fiveampsoftware asked

Possible to Unlink Android Push ID?

I was doing some testing with a device in regards to push notification. On our title (A9F), we had our original account as 46EC4F2B65FC5C71, I unlinked it to try to get a fresh account without a push notification key. The new account is 1461960AB0C44BBC and it looks like it can't register for push notifications. I've followed the steps in the new push tutorial page and get everything back as successful but I don't see the ability to send a push notification from the new account (1461960AB0C44BBC)

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you clarify the specific API calls you're making, and the responses? Player accounts do not have the ability to send Push Notifications themselves - it's provisioned at the title level via Admin/SetupPushNotification (or in the Game Manager). Player accounts do need to register to receive Push Notifications, though - is that what you're getting stuck on?

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fiveampsoftware avatar image fiveampsoftware commented ·

Kinda, but to clarify, on the device I perform the PlayFabAndroidPushPlugin.Setup(FirebaseProjectId); and then after successful login I call PlayFabAndroidPushPlugin.TriggerManualRegistration();

After these steps are done I get from adb - PlayFab GCM MESSAGE: PlayFab: Android Push token set: <token here>

But when I go to the playfab site to test sending a push notification, the option to send a push notification to that specific player isn't present.

The option looks like this on the player's profile http://imgur.com/URxn3vi

It's only on the new playerid (1461960AB0C44BBC) but the same device used to be linked to 46EC4F2B65FC5C71, I manually unlinked it and now it looks like I can't re-register push to this new account

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan fiveampsoftware commented ·

If it's the same device, the pre-existing registration of the ARN on the old account is likely the issue. I've updated the old account by re-registering it for Push with a bogus DeviceToken, to remove that. Can you re-test on the newer account?

0 Likes 0 ·
fiveampsoftware avatar image fiveampsoftware brendan commented ·

Hi Brendan, It looks like the old account (46EC4F2B65FC5C71) is still registered as I see it in the playfab account view - see http://imgur.com/a/08LRa

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
fiveampsoftware avatar image fiveampsoftware commented ·

Awesome, that worked. Thanks @Brendan!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.