question

geriakis avatar image
geriakis asked

Social Capabilities

Hi, I'm new to Playfab. Could you please comment on what social capabilities does Playfab support? I'm specifically interested in facebook "Inviting" and friends "Ranking" as they are described here, for example:

https://docs.gamesparks.com/documentation/key-concepts/social-capabilities.html

Does Playfab support such features?

Thanks in advance!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Specifically, Facebook "inviting" is this: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/services/gamerequests. While we do have Facebook integration for both authentication and friends (which answers the second question - yes, we have friend leaderboards, and it does work with our Facebook friends integration), we've yet to have anyone request support for Facebook game requests until now. Since we prioritize based upon the feedback from our community, I'd recommend adding that to our Feature Requests forum, so that others can vote on it, if they feel it would be valuable.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

geriakis avatar image geriakis commented ·
@Brendan

Thanks for the detailed response! Is there any section where I can see what is integrated from Facebook? I mean, do you support FB text posts, image posts to FB friendslist etc out of the box, for example?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan geriakis commented ·

Specifically, it's authentication, friends, and payments. Since there's no real value-add to us wrapping the text/post Web API calls Facebook already has (the call to us would necessarily require all the same things, and all we'd be doing is turning around and passing the call to Facebook with those parameters), we haven't had anyone asking for that to-date, either. If there's specific functionality you'd like to see us add, please do let us know in the Feature Requests forum, and we can evaluate those in our backlog based on the community's feedback.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.