question

Jamie Cason avatar image
Jamie Cason asked

Is it possible to export Player data, either by segment or from a leaderboard?

Hey guys,

In Ovar.io AF78 we have a segment of players qualifying for entry into a sweepstake, but I'm uncertain how I can extract their ID, displayname, username and email in order to contact them to let them know that they won.

We also have a leaderboard which also encompasses qualifying players which we could use to pick winners if we could export or extract from there.

Do let me know what you think!

Best wishes

Jamie

Player Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You can certainly query for players in a segment (https://api.playfab.com/documentation/server/method/GetPlayersInSegment), which would get you their profile info (which includes ID, display name, and email). If you want to narrow it down to just the winners and don't have a segment defined only for them (via tags or a "greater than" evaluation), you could either query the leaderboard or download the previous leaderboard from the Game Manager (if it has been reset).

But also, you could just use the Prize Table logic to send the info to the players, by using a Cloud Script handler as the action, and in the script, either setting some player data or else using a Web API call to a mail service. You could also send a Push Notification to the player, as part of the Prize Table definition.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.