question

richardlamb avatar image
richardlamb asked

Why do I get Error code 1123 'Failed to connect to PlayFab server' from PlayFabServerAPI::RegisterGame

I'm trying to use 'Use external game server provider' to locally debug my game server. But when calling PlayFabServerAPI::RegisterGame I'm getting errors. Internally it's HTTP error code 500, with reported error 'Failed to connect to PlayFab server'

I got the same error yesterday for a few hours, then it worked for a while, now it doesn't work again.

Are there any instructions missing from document https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/external-game-servers ? One of the answers on this site suggested I need a matching version at least uploaded to playfab (which I do now). (I've also tried actually running a server on playfab at same time)

Also is there a better way to develop/debug custom servers? It seems using playfab launched server instances only provides log messages and is a long iteration cycle of upload/test

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
richardlamb avatar image
richardlamb answered

Figured out my problem. Assigning server port integer to std::string request.ServerPort caused the error. I assume there's some validation on Playfab side that doesn't send a very helpful error message.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

The 500 error is basically "something unexpected happened, for which we need to have a more specific error message". We open bugs whenever we see them here, to get a new error check and response into the logic in question.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.