question

Juan Manuel Martinez avatar image
Juan Manuel Martinez asked

StartGame Api Call - CustomCommandLineData.

Hello!

So I'm trying to use StartGame API call setting the parameter CustomCommandLineData in order to retrieve it when the server starts. The problem is that I can't retrieve the defined command line parameter. Is this parameter working??, in that case, Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Juan,

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you provide the details of what, specifically, you are passing into the call, and which Title ID and Build ID you are using for the test?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Juan Manuel Martinez avatar image Juan Manuel Martinez commented ·

Hi Brendan,

The line I set on the request has this aspect.

Request.CustomCommandLineData = "-SlotsBookedByStartGameRequester=2";

Title id: 27D9

Build Server Id: 0.6.0.88.LMS

What I expect on server side when I retrieve the command line passed is to have this parameter, but it doesn't appear. Maybe should it be defined by default with any value in the command line of the server build?

Thanks

Juan,

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Juan Manuel Martinez commented ·

Ah, I see. That's not actually how the custom command line parameter works. If you have a look at the default command line arguments for a build, it's this one:

-custom_data=<custom_data>

So, the string you pass in for CustomCommandLineData gets passed in where you put <custom_data> in the command line arguments for your build. In this case, I would recommend that you change your model to something like:

Request.CustomCommandLineData = "SlotsBookedByStartGameRequester2";

And have a simple enum with all the values you might need.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.