question

DaveTs avatar image
DaveTs asked

Playfab SDK for unreal 4.16 when it will be available?

Hello.

We tried to move to UE4.16.1 version and the playfab SDK Blueprint seems to be uncompatible with that version. When it will be provided to us?

Regards.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

We've fallen a bit behind on that one.

Our Unreal SDKs have often been updated by customers, and updates are sent to us via GitHub pull request.

We have no ETA on updating it ourselves, but I will happily accept a pull request if you fix it, as well as add an acknowledgement in the readme.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DaveTs avatar image DaveTs commented ·

Alright then. Thank you for your reply, I'll try to do it by myself.

Btw, I don't really understand, if you provide the BP SDK and is suposed to be a playfab feature, why you don't update it and let your customers to do it. It sounds really weird to me. Is just a thought.

Regards.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan DaveTs commented ·

Well, our features are actually separate - they are pretty much all Web API methods for interacting with our service. Our features are indeed fully supported, and are maintained as our highest priority.

We provide SDKs that interface with our features as a convenience. While we would love to have the resources necessary to have all SDKs updated immediately after any update of the relevant engine, that simply not possible at the moment. We update them as soon as we have the ability to do so, and we accept submissions from our community for updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

UPDATE:

https://api.playfab.com/blog/cpp-sdk-updates

The Unreal Blueprint SDK has been updated, and the fixes will be deployed Monday, Aug 7th.

The Unreal Cpp SDK has been discontinued. Read the blog for details.

1 comment
10 |1200

DaveTs avatar image DaveTs commented ·

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

There is now an upgrade guide

1 comment
10 |1200

1807605288 avatar image 1807605288 ♦ commented ·

UPDATED: Removed an unnecessary step about memory management (testing seems to indicate it's not necessary, and we added a fix to the next build which will definitely make it irrelevant)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.