question

dwojda avatar image
dwojda asked

What is the execution time limit for a Cloud Script function called From a Task?

On the current pricing details page I can see only execution time limits for Cloud Script. Does that mean that the limit is the same for both the fuctions called via ExecuteCloudScript and by Tasks?

I am asking because I intend to create a scheduled Task for all players and I want to make sure what the actual limits are.

I have also read that each game has a built-in AllPlayers segment but I cannot find it in my Game Manager. Maybe it is because my game is still in development. Will that segment be present in my game after launching or do I have to pay for custom segments and create it?

CloudScriptlimitstasksPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, Cloud Scripts launched from PlayStream triggered actions, including Tasks, don't have the same limits as those launched from the client, as they can be triggered more frequently (in the case of Rules) and run over large numbers of users (for Tasks).

The "All players" segment is defined as an option for all titles, but we don't pre-create it for titles yet. We will be doing so in the near future, as well as defining a few other "default" segments. But you can set it up trivially by clicking on "New segment" on the player segment tab, selecting "All players" in the drop-down, and clicking save.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.