question

Monstronauts avatar image
Monstronauts asked

Any Way to Map Players Across Multiple Titles Using Facebook Log In?,Map Users Across Titles Using Facebook Log In

We want to map the same Player across two Titles so we can make use of the Player Publisher Data.

However, the main log in flow we use is Facebook Log In.

The Facebook SDK spits out different Access Tokens for the same Facebook User per application. This results to a different PlayFab ID per Title if we use the Facebook Log In feature.

Facebook introduced the Business Mapping API, which allows developers to link multiples apps into one business entity. This gives developers an additional filed in the Facebook User node — the 'token_for_business' field — which is now the same token for a person across all apps owned by the same business.

Does the Facebook Log In feature for PlayFab support this business mapping token?

I tested logging into two different PlayFab Titles (each with their corresponding application on Facebook) using the same Facebook account and I got two different PlayFab IDs as a result. I would need to be able to get the same PlayFab ID to make use of the Player Publisher Data.

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, we already use the business mapping API. So, when a player signs into a game, if that player has already linked Facebook to a PlayFab account in any game which shared the same Publisher ID as the game being signed into, we link the player to the same account. If you're seeing different PlayFab IDs for one Facebook account in two games, those games are not sharing a Publisher ID. We can update them to have a shared Publisher ID if you need us to, but please note that you will lose access to any existing player accounts in any title where that ID changes (since that defines the "space" where the player accounts live).

If you'd like us to change either title's Publisher ID, just let us know the Title IDs in question, and we'll take care of it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monstronauts avatar image
Monstronauts answered

Thanks @Brendan. I did some preliminary tests on two new Titles after I linked the related Facebook app to the same business entity and it seems to work so far.

However, I have a problem with two already existing PlayFab Titles that I have.

This is the scenario:

1. I have two Titles/Apps, let's call them Title A, and Title B.

2. Originally, these two were not using the business mapping API.

In Title A, I log in using Facebook and got assigned a new PlayFab ID linked to my FB account.

In Title B, I do the same, and got assigned a new PlayFab ID linked to the same FB account.

Now I go to the FB API and link both apps to the same business entity.

If I log into Title A or Title B, I still get the same separate PlayFab IDs linked to the same FB account as before. I figured out that a simple way to fix this is to either unlink, or completely delete one of the two PlayFab IDs so that the next time I log in, the system will use the remaining one.

However, this means that the Title Data stored in the PlayFab ID I deleted will be lost forever. Is there a better way to merge these two PlayFab IDs into one, given that both use the same Facebook account before and after business mapping

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Yes, the ability to look up the player identity cross-title is dependent upon the business relationship existing for those titles. If you haven't established that when title B ships, there is literally no way for us to know that the player already exists as a separate PlayFab ID on that first login. Subsequent to that, the Facebook ID would have a PlayFab account that it uses for login, even if you then add the business relationship in Facebook - otherwise, you would lose one of those accounts, potentially losing save data.

Any time you have a state where the player has two different accounts in a single title, the right thing to do is to load each account, read its data, and then display the info on both accounts to the player, so that they can choose which they'd like to keep. Then unlink the account being abandoned, and link to the account being kept. For Facebook, that would mean being able to sign in as both apps in each, so that they can get the player app-specific Facebook ID for both.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.