question

afrontera avatar image
afrontera asked

Limit on players rewarded through prize tables?

I have 8 reward brackets set up for leaderboard rewards based on rank: 1, 2, 3, 4-10, 11-50, 51-500, 501-1000 and 1001+. While setting them up on the prize tables, I started getting an "Over Limit" error. After some testing, as soon as I passed 250 I started getting the Error.

I searched in the settings under limits and couldn't find a limit set for amount of players rewarded, so I'm a bit confused at this limit I'm seeing.

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It's "Leaderboard version change top rank events sent" in the limits page. If you need to have a higher limit, we should talk about getting you signed up for our pro tier of service - just drop us a line at devrel@playfab.com.

15 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

afrontera avatar image afrontera commented ·

Ok, yeah I saw that, but from what I understood of that limit, is the amount of rank events cant pass 10. But as described above, wouldn't I have 8 rank events? And how does that translate to a 250 user limit? Wouldn't this equal 1 rank event?

Thanks! @Brendan

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan afrontera commented ·

No, sorry - the description is "The number of top-ranked participants from the leaderboard that fire rank events when the leaderboard version changes. These rank events can trigger awards from a prize table." In other words, it's the total number of players that can get prizes from this mechanism.

0 Likes 0 ·
afrontera avatar image afrontera brendan commented ·

Ah I see. I was confused since the limit is 10 rank events, seemed like a small amount for players. So in conclusion, it limits to 10 rank events and/or 250 players? I'll get in contact with the team and notify them. If we decide to go ahead and upgrade to Pro, I'll send an email to the one you mentioned and get it set up.

Thanks again for the clarification!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Didn't have a reply button on your last comment, so posting here. Thanks for the info! Is there any way I can help with the 250 bug? I upgraded that limit, so I should be able to reward 1000 players, but im still getting the over limit error on the prize tables. Dropping screenshots here so you can add them to the bug:

https://puu.sh/wvS2x/89442d443c.png
https://puu.sh/wvS3t/0712abff81.png

Let me know if there's any way I can help out :)

0 Likes 0 ·

What Title ID is this you're testing? I can have a look.

0 Likes 0 ·
afrontera avatar image afrontera brendan commented ·

Here's the title ID: 3EC8

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Hello @Brendan, I waited for additional 2 updates after we spoke, and it seems the bug is still there. I'm still getting the Overlimit error when going over 250 users in the prize tables, even though I've upgraded to 1,000 rank events.

https://puu.sh/wVr9y/9dbf7a141d.png

https://puu.sh/wVrrD/d6128e00e8.png

My title ID is above, if you'd like to check it out again.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Sorry about that - the change got caught in the review feedback stage. I've updated it to get the change into our master branch, so that it'll be in the next release. I'm also informing our billing group that your title should not be billed for that upgrade for the month.

1 Like 1 ·
kfboelterbotl avatar image kfboelterbotl commented ·

Hi everyone. Have we had news on this? I'm not being able to create more than 10 rank events to reward players. We can go up to 1000 players, but not over 10 intervals.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan kfboelterbotl commented ·

Actually, the bug in question here was around being able to reward more than 250 total players. The number of rank events (buckets of a count of players who get a certain reward) is a max of 10. So, you could have the brackets be any combination of players in those, up to 1,000 players, but in a max of 10 groups. So, you could have rewards for players 1, 2-10, 11-50, 51-100, 101-200, 201-300, 301-400, 401-500, 501-750, and 751-1000 (if you are in the indie or pro tier, or have upgraded your prize limit).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.