question

Torma András avatar image
Torma András asked

Packaging UE4 game with PlayFab

Hello there!

We are done with setting up PlayFab in our project. And in the editor everything works perfectly. However when we try to package the game, we get the following error:

"UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Cook: LogLinker:Warning: Can't find file '/Script/PlayFab' "

Which causes the packaging to fail completely. Anyone has an idea how to fix this?

apis
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Torma András avatar image Torma András commented ·

Quick update:

Happens with the official ExampleProject as well.

https://pastebin.com/PmCRxX4S

0 Likes 0 ·
pandoraplayfab avatar image pandoraplayfab commented ·

Hello @Torma András

Did you solve the problem?

I am facing the same problem with UE4 4.16 and latest release of UE4 PlayFab sdk.

Everything works in editor but whenever i am trying to package for android, i am getting this error for every PlayFab blueprint node i add.

With UE4 4.15 and PlayFab sdk version 170710 everything seems to work fine.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Unfortunately, we're not really able to provide direct assistance for issues with the Unreal packaging tool, as we don't have much experience using it ourselves. There are a number of developers who have shipped Unreal-based titles that are integrated with PlayFab, so one of them may be able to chime in here, but otherwise I would recommend contacting Epic directly with your questions on this. From a quick online search, we're seeing quite a few issues with using UATHelper, so it seems like this is more of a tool issue than anything else.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kurt avatar image
kurt answered

Open the Plugins/PlayFab/Playfab.uplugin file in a text editor and remove the line that says "EngineVersion": "4.16.3",

The cooking process is detecting that the plugin is incompatible and disabling it, thus generating a bunch of errors.

I'm not sure what the proper fix is yet as I'm not running with engine source at the moment.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.