question

entelicon avatar image
entelicon asked

Character Data

With GetCharacterDataRequest, what would I do if I don't know the character id? I want to be able to get a characters data by the non unique name of it, but that doesn't seem to be an option. How would I get aorund this?

Character Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What's the context in which you wouldn't know the Character ID, specifically? The best thing to do in this case would be to work top-down, taking the intended gameplay experience and working from there to determine the best approach.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

entelicon avatar image entelicon commented ·

Basically I have characters stored as "Preset1" - "Preset3". This means if I wanted to get data that is save in preset1, I could just call the non unique name "Preset1" and it would give me that data.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan entelicon commented ·

Then what I would recommend is using https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/GetAllUsersCharacters to determine the set of characters that are available, so that you know which ones to query.

0 Likes 0 ·
entelicon avatar image entelicon brendan commented ·

That's what I was needing, thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.