question

rob avatar image
rob asked

Banning players indefinitely

Is it possible to ban players indefinitely? I see I can add a number of hours but if I put in 0 the player is not actually banned. So is there a way to perma-ban?

Also, how do I get the ban information on the client? I see there is a GetUserBans method but that is only available on the server as far as I can tell. It would be useful to have that method available on clients so that you could display the ban length and reason to a user instead of just a generic 'you are banned' message. The ban system looks like it would be really useful but not so much in its current state (unless these features exist and I'm just missing them).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt answered

To ban indefinitely, you have to set like 99999 .... but it's a bit annoying that if you type 9's all the way, it'll say "max value is x". Shouldnt it just auto convert to the max value instead of pop up telling us? Or a checkbox to permaban (sets to max)?

I +1 the ability to get ban info .... right now, it's just super awkward. They are banned and they don't know why -- instead, they ask our support why they're banned since it's so vague.

What if there was an internal and external reason, if reasons are meant to be internal only?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Yes, we have a work item to add an externally visible reason, since we can't expose the current one (existing titles could have put anything there).

I'll open an item for the Game Manager team as well, to provide for a "ban max" option.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.