question

Luke Stafford avatar image
Luke Stafford asked

when using GetCharacterInventoryResult the result.CharacterId does not return the CharacterID and is blank.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We actually discussed that (and how to get the Character ID when you process the response) in this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/682/208551318-GetCharacterInventory-results-differ-Client-Server-.html. But that said, we are going to add Character ID to the response directly, to prevent confusion.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Luke Stafford avatar image Luke Stafford commented ·

Thanks, will try and follow this solution. Obviously as the online docs mentions the returned ID I was expecting it :)

0 Likes 0 ·
jwang avatar image jwang commented ·

I am having this problem as well, but using the Unreal C++ SDK.

When I make a ClientAPI GetCharacterInventory request, I do not get a CharacterId back in the

FGetCharacterInventoryResult response.

Furthermore, I don't get my original request back either, so I have no way of knowing whose character inventory I'm receiving.

For now I'm going to try to work around this by having the client invoke a cloud script which will make a serverAPI call to retrieve the character inventory and return it, but it would be nice if the ClientAPI call was usable as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan jwang commented ·

The link in the answer above provides more details on this. To find the original request, one approach would be to use a lambda, so that you can pass additional info into the success/failure calls when you get the response.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.