question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

PlayStream RestrictedFIeldName reserved PlayFab fields?

I received an error:

Error Message: Field RestrictedFieldName is a reserved PlayFab field and may not be overriden.

when pushing a PlayStream event.

Where can I find a list of RestrictedFieldNames?

I tried searching the forums and google and couldn't find any list.

apisPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The predefined field names for the PlayStream events are in the PlayStream event model documentation, here: https://api.playfab.com/playstream/events.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

One thing you can do is to just search on the docs for your intended field name, to see if it's already in use.

0 Likes 0 ·
Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) brendan commented ·

Thanks - I ended up just doing sort of a brute-force approach to figure out which one caused the conflict. I just figured it was ok to ask the question on the forum, in case someone else runs into this. It turns out it was the "timestamp" field, which actually isn't in the Playstreameventmodels page

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Oh! Yes, the parameters for the Write...Event call also cannot be used - so, EventName and Timestamp are reserved.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.