question

01markbryant01 avatar image
01markbryant01 asked

Best way to save Data Structure

Hi, I´m relatively new to PlayFab. I´m working on a Social Module in my project. I saw with PlayFab I can work with Friends List for players. I need add more structures like Groups with name, description, etc. The Groups can be created and removed by players, and any player can do queries to look the information on any Group. The player owner of the Group can edit the information. My doubt is where store the Groups in PlayFab. I was reading the tutorials and I saw about data: Shared Group Data: "One issue is that too many players attempting to read the same data at the same time". Title Data: "For most situations, you will want to use your Title Data for static data that is mostly unchanged for the life of the title" There are others structures but I am still very confused. In my case is a structure(Group) than can be modified and consulted at any time for any number of users. Best regards and thanks in advance.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Joshua Strunk avatar image
Joshua Strunk answered

> "... my case is a structure(Group) than can be modified and consulted at any time for any number of users."

This is not currently possible using only the systems/structures PlayFab provides. You would need to set up your own external server/ service to handle these sort of interactions currently. Title Data is not designed to be written to by clients and Shared Group Data is not designed to be used by anyone sane.

Links to some of the various discussion on this subject. I might edit in more as I think of the past discussions.

[Beta] What's missing in guild system?

Use Shared Group Data for a live Event System?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

01markbryant01 avatar image 01markbryant01 commented ·

Thanks you very mucho for the answer.

Best regards

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.