question

ignat-nee avatar image
ignat-nee asked

Forbid abuse coupons for user

Greetings. There is a question about playfab coupons system.

I'm able to create bunch of coupons for, as example, game moneys. And i wan't it to share on my fb game page. But if i'm give all my keys, there is a problem that one user open most part of them. Is there any posibility to forbid user activate more than 1 coupon of one item?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, if you disable the Client API version of RedeemCoupon (https://blog.playfab.com/blog/permission-policies), you can instead use the Server API of the call in a Cloud Script. You could record data in the player account to indicate the types of coupons they've used, and so check that before attempting to redeem the coupon for the player.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ignat-nee avatar image ignat-nee commented ·

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes 0 ·
AlienZi avatar image AlienZi commented ·

How to know the types of coupons or how do I know if a group of coupons are of the same type?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ AlienZi commented ·

It is unknown before the redeem. Hence, you will need to inform players about the reward details before distributing those codes.

0 Likes 0 ·
AlienZi avatar image AlienZi Seth Du ♦ commented ·

OK,I see.Thanks a lot!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.