question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Can't log into forum account

Question from a developer:

So I use two different accounts to sign into PlayFab, and I normally use account A to sign in and look at the forums. But I went to the Game Manager and signed in as account B, then came to the forums, and now I can't log into the forums as account A anymore. How can I fix this?

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

So, the Game Manager is our site, while the forums are an AnswerHub site that uses our Game Manager auth to log you in (so that we have SSO). But because the forum site maintains a separate cookie containing info on your identity, it can get tripped up if you're signed in as one account, and then load the page signed into another account in the Game Manager. There are two things to do if you find yourself in this situation:

First, clear all cookies, then re-load your browser.

If that doesn't work to get you back to the account, try logging in using this page: http://community.playfab.com/users/login.html?orig=true.

If you're still stuck, open a ticket with us, and we'll have the AnswerHub folks have a look at your account.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.