question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

UpdateStatistics works the first time, times out after that

I have a UpdatePlayerStatisticsAsync call inside a loop that loops through all players of the match, when the match ends.

It works for the first player, but when it gets to the second player, it times out. That is, the UpdatePlayerStatisticsAsync call never returns.

Why might that be? It is strange because it just times out (I tried waiting 60 seconds, and there is no response). No errors or anything.

I am printing the arguments whenever I run the call, and the arguments look perfectly fine to me. The only difference is the playFabId, which I have also verified are correct.

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I take it this is in a custom game server? Can you post the code snippet in question? Also, what Title ID is this for? I can assure you that there's no case where the service doesn't respond, so we'll need to look at the specifics of the calling pattern.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Yep, custom game server. I refactored my code to run my requests in parallel, and it seems to work now. I think I may have been mistakenly waiting for an async call to finish before the next one started and ran into a deadlock somewhere.

Sorry about the confusion!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.