question

Dave W avatar image
Dave W asked

Automation with CreateActionsOnPlayersInSegmentTask

Hi,

We're working on a tool that will allow non-technical folks (marketing, etc) of the game to do things like modify title configuration, run sales and do some communication management. In particular, we're attempting to allow them to run cloudscript on a defined segment to send a push notification via Urban Airship (the game is a web app so we don't have their push ids directly, but they are registered with UA).

My plan was to use Admin.CreateActionsOnPlayersInSegmentTask, and then when I get the task id back to go ahead and Admin.RunTask on that. However, there's a couple of issues.

1. I need to have this action already existing somewhere on a segment or task it appears - I can't create an action without a parent.
2. There's no way from what I can see to inject data into the task at run time using the RunTask call - things like the text of the push notification we want to send to UA. The action has

Other than manually doing this in PlayFab (which is fine for us devs, but we would not want non-techs in there), are there options to do this?

Let me know when you get a chance,

Thanks!
Dave

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Why not just register players for Push in our service and use our Task system for the Push Notifications? You could easily set up a Role in the Game Manager for your title, which restricts the marketing folks to only being able to being able to see the dashboard for the title and run tasks - everything else could be read-only or even disabled altogether.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.