question

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image
Brent Batas (Lisk) asked

Match history database on PlayFab?

We are currently storing match history data via Google Sheets, as in the image below:

Basically, we have a bunch of columns with data. We are then analyzing this data using Tableau.

However, we are running into issues because we hit the Google Sheets cell limit pretty fast.

Is there any PlayFab feature that we could use to accomplish what we are currently doing with Google Sheets? (i.e. a match history database)

If not, any recommendations are appreciated.

data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I'd recommend using PlayStream - the built in events, plus some custom events of your own - and the Event Archive. That way you can collect all the info on your game sessions there, and build queries based upon whatever info you're looking for.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Thanks - PlayStream looks awesome.

I'm going to try using PlayerEvents to write the data.

For Tableau integration, I see in this thread (

https://community.playfab.com/idea/407/206729847-Tableau-integration.html) that you added it a while back. Should I still contact info@playfab.com for more information?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

It's the event archive, specifically. What you'd do is then ingest the data from the files we post to S3 into Redshift, so that you can use it with Tableau.

1 Like 1 ·
Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) brendan commented ·

Thanks - yeah I have the events archive set up on an S3 bucket right now.

I'm confused by what you mean by "ingest the data from the files..." - is this a script we'd manually run every time we want to analyze with Tableau, or is it something that could be setup to run automatically?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Brent Batas (Lisk) avatar image Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Thanks Brendan! I just renamed myself on my profile - I actually am there - it's me, Brent. :)

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Brent Batas (Lisk) commented ·

Ah, got it - thanks. FWIW, you have a separate invite for the email address you have set up here. :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.