question

gamingbigfoot avatar image
gamingbigfoot asked

Having trouble uploading AssetBundles to CDN

Hello Guys!

Im using Unity Cloud Build (UCB), to automate the builds for my game. In there, I build the AssetBundles(AB), and have a post processing script that takes those built AB, and uploads them to Playfabs CDN.

The last part is where I'm having trouble...

I have the following script, and on the logs, I see all of the "Fetching Content URL...", but all of those never come back, neither posting "GOT URL.." (success), nor "UPLOAD BUNDLE ERROR" (fail).

Im kind of lost, and I think I should be getting at least one of those responses. Any help?

@brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What Title ID is this for? Can you confirm that you've enabled the Content service by entering your billing info (or getting a contract set up with us)?

14 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

gamingbigfoot avatar image gamingbigfoot commented ·

3FAD is the title. And yes, I'm using it by uploading things by hand now.. From the game manager

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan gamingbigfoot commented ·

Great, then the issue must be with the call itself. Can you put a breakpoint on the GetContentUploadUrl, and confirm a) what the details are for the parameters are that are being passed into it, and b) what the response is that you get back?

0 Likes 0 ·
gamingbigfoot avatar image gamingbigfoot brendan commented ·

I'm doing this on unity cloud build , so I cannot debug this . . . And like I said , I'm not getting a response from success not fail . . .

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
gamingbigfoot avatar image gamingbigfoot commented ·

@Brendan

If i add it as a [PostProcessBuildAttribute] and build in the editor, it works properly...

If I use Postman, it works properly...

If I use UCB, it just never returns from that API call...

Might not be Playfab, but any ideas :S ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan gamingbigfoot commented ·

Sorry, I can't say that we've done extensive testing in UCB, so it's not clear why it would have a problem with properly receiving the response from a Web API call. I can have the tools team look into this, but I'd recommend reaching out to the Unity team to get their feedback.

0 Likes 0 ·
madowlgamesuk avatar image madowlgamesuk commented ·

Hey Could you find a solution? stuck here to. tried to place the function in a new class like here https://community.playfab.com/questions/7658/how-to-use-playfab-admin-api-in-unity-editor-scrip.html but same nothing happens.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan madowlgamesuk commented ·

Since the issue is specific to uploading asset bundles, can you either a) use the Game Manager (Content->File Management) or b) use cURL to upload the files for now?

0 Likes 0 ·
madowlgamesuk avatar image madowlgamesuk brendan commented ·
Hey, thank you for your answer. could use cURL, GameManager is just to much work. We want to have a automated solution with cloud build. What i figured out now is it stucks at line 63 in the class PlayFabEditorHttp.cs 
if (PlayFabEditorDataService.ActiveTitle == null || string.IsNullOrEmpty(PlayFabEditorDataService.ActiveTitle.SecretKey))

i got a null reference exception on PlayFabEditorDataService.ActiveTitle.SecretKey when i want to print it 

but when i cant get the secret key i cant use cURL to
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.