question

andrearossini avatar image
andrearossini asked

Best way to configure Store

Hi,

We have a game where the player can customize his character with some items.

To knwo which item the player has unlocked, I was thinking about using PlayFabInventory (if the player unlock item, it is stored in Player Inventory as a PlayFabItem).

However we don't allow users to buy the specific item they want, but there are chests that give him random items.

Reading PlayFabDocumentation I guess that chests are implmented with containers and drop tables. Is this correct?

Now, looking at the API, I saw that there's no function callable that return only Items in Catalog (GetCatalogItems also return Caontainers, Bundles). How can I get just the list of single items of my game?

Probably I'm just intending Store and Catalogs in wrong way...

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Andrea.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Random loot drops are via drop tables, yes, and they can be part of containers or bundles.

But no, you're not using it the wrong way - all the items for your game, including all containers and bundles, should be in your catalog. The stores are a way to define a subset of items from the catalog, with unique pricing optionally. So if what you're looking for is a way to get a list of all items that you want to present to the player for sale, and it's a subset of all the items from the catalog, then yes, the store is the way to go.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andrearossini avatar image andrearossini commented ·

Hi,

ok! so if I have understood well what you mean, my catalog always contains all item (not just those I want the player can equip on his character). In order to create a subset of item (example: items that player can equip), I have to create a store that is a collection of those items, right?

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andrearossini commented ·

You don't have to create a store necessarily, but yes, if you want to be able to query for a subset of items for your game, then a store would be the right way to do that.

0 Likes 0 ·
andrearossini avatar image andrearossini commented ·

My problem is that if I use Store as a Subset I don't want to define any prices, but PlayFab force me to insert prices to save a new store.

The same thing happens with real prices. If I set RM on a store, I can't specify different prices for different currencies (euros, dollars...) and If I don't set RM on the store, I can't save it.

I can't understand how to use PlayFab Catalog and Store correctly.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan andrearossini commented ·

Yes, a store is a subset of items from the catalog with distinct pricing. If you want the items to have the catalog prices, just click on Modify Prices, select "Reset store prices to catalog prices", and click Save.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.