question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Server won't close?

Question from a developer:

I have a server host that is stuck in Running mode because of a server instance running on it. The issue is that the instance isn't stopping, and the Terminate option on the active games tab is returning "Bad Request" when I attempt to stop that instance. What's the issue and how can we fix this?

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

This appears to be an issue with the recent update to the custom game server instance tracking in our matchmaker. In fact, that instance is no longer running - it's in the archived games tab, and its log file is available for download. If you disable the server host in that region, that'll clean this up, but if you're still testing, it shouldn't cause you any issues. We'll have the active games listing fixed shortly.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

starkgaminginc avatar image starkgaminginc commented ·

I've already disabled and it is still running! I had originally deleted the server build entirely. I uploaded a new build atleast 20 minutes later with the same name. Only to find the server was still active with the instance still showing - I did view the logs already which I found odd.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan starkgaminginc commented ·

Thanks for the additional info - I didn't want to turn off your server entirely, since I wasn't sure that was your intent. I've terminated the server directly (it's currently showing as "Unavailable" in the Servers tab, and will be cleaned up soon), and we're checking on the issue with the server instance not being cleared from active games.

0 Likes 0 ·
shepkinvictor avatar image shepkinvictor brendan commented ·

We have same problem! We can't terminate only 1 session, other successful terminated. Because this 1 session running we cant stop server.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
starkgaminginc avatar image starkgaminginc commented ·

This happened to me again today. My server has been online 8-9 hours extra as I had turned all regions off earlier.

0 Likes 0 ·
starkgaminginc avatar image starkgaminginc starkgaminginc commented ·

Also if the server can be shut down when troubleshooting is complete for my other issue posted. ID 4908.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan starkgaminginc commented ·

Yes, we've terminated that server directly in EC2.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.