question

maximeinfiniteintermedia avatar image
maximeinfiniteintermedia asked

I tried validating purchase on Android. After a number of fixes, I got this error 1063: InvalidPaymentProvider

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That sounds like you're attempting to use the StartPurchase flow, which is for non-receipt validation purchases. For games running on Android devices, you would generally have to use the appropriate receipt validation call (https://blog.playfab.com/blog/show-me-money-receipt-validation-ios-and-android/). If you're trying to do a non-receipt purchase though, can you clarify which payment provider you're trying to use, and what parameters you passed into the calls?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

maximeinfiniteintermedia answered

Hmm I'm not sure I get what you mean..

This is my set up in my Adobe AIR game:

(FlashDevelop 5 + Adobe AIR 23 + Starling 1.7 + Milkman's Android Billing Extension)

playfabManager.validatePurchase({ReceiptJson:e.jsonData, Signature:e.signature})

the actual call inside validatePurchase() is:

public function validatePurchase(data:Object):void
{
	var purchaseReq:ValidateGooglePlayPurchaseRequest = new ValidateGooglePlayPurchaseRequest(data);
	PlayFabClientAPI.ValidateGooglePlayPurchase(purchaseReq, onPfValidatePurchaseComplete, onPfValidatePurchaseError);

}

And the callback:

public function onPfValidatePurchaseError(e:PlayFabError):void 
{
	// show Window validate Error
	Global.getInstance().windowManager.showWindow(WPurchaseValidationFailed, {errorCode: e.errorCode} );

}

public function onPfValidatePurchaseComplete():void 
{
	// validate successful! now handle the purchase!			
	WrapperClass.HandlePurchaseSuccess(WrapperClass.justPurchasedID);
}
1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Then I'm not really sure where you're getting that result. From a quick review of the service code, the InvalidPaymentProvide is only returned from a call to GetPaymentToken, which is currently only valid for Xsolla purchases. Are you saying you're getting that error on a call to ValidateGooglePlayPurchase? Can you get us a Wireshark capture of that exchange?

0 Likes 0 ·
maximeinfiniteintermedia answered

On my test yesterday, I got this #1063 InvalidPaymentProvider error. I'm not quite sure what I changed today and it says different error:

ArgumentError: Error #1063
at MethodInfo-5812()
at MethodInfo-10177()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

I'm thinking I wrote the callback wrong. I think I got the validate Error callback right already

public function onPfValidatePurchaseError(e:PlayFabError):void

I'm not sure what event/param I should include in the Success callback. I suspect the argument error could be related to this

public function onPfValidatePurchaseSuccess():void

I'm not familiar with Wireshark. Let me check on that first

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Error 1063 in our service is "InvalidPaymentProvider" - we don't have an "ArgumentError" error message (though we do have an "InvalidParams"). And correction to the above - there are specifically two ways to get InvalidPaymentProvider - via GetPaymentToken, but also by calling PayForPurchase with a bad payment provider. Can you search through your project for those two calls? It would have to be one of them being called.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.