question

Vincent Spiral avatar image
Vincent Spiral asked

New account created and linked to facebook over existing one

We have a player that already created an account and linked it to facebook weeks ago.
Today after login with facebook he got a new account created, how is it possible ?

How can I prevent this to ever happen again and is there any way that he can still login with the first account instead of the newly created one?

Both accounts are linked to the same facebook account in Playfab now.

Account Management
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Vincent Spiral avatar image Vincent Spiral commented ·

TitleId 304C, old account C9C5DDADB4636200, new one 6FF738B5D49AAEB

0 Likes 0 ·
Vincent Spiral avatar image Vincent Spiral commented ·

It looks like it already happened to someone else: https://community.playfab.com/questions/10846/bug-two-accounts-linked-with-the-same-facebook.html
I don't any repro and we have so many players I'm happy it's only the second time a user has this bug.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

So everyone has the info: We took this offline and did a walkthrough of the code, using the values in the player accounts. What we've found is a rare corner case in which a player could, on a Facebook login to an existing account, wind up with a newly created account. We have a fix for this which is going through test now, and will be rolled out to the live service as soon as possible. If you find you have a user in this state, please be sure to send us the info on the player accounts in question without attempting any other changes - do not make any link or unlink calls to attempt to fix this manually. We can fix the player account links for you, but not if they've been altered further by those calls.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

devisrossini avatar image devisrossini commented ·

Hi @Brendan,

we have just registered the same issue on our title. A user created some months ago has logged in with Facebook and it has received a new account.

This bug has been fixed or it's still open?

I can provide additional information if you need it.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan devisrossini commented ·

We rolled out the fix not long after my post above, and confirmed that it resolves the issue. Can you send me the Title ID of your game and the PlayFab IDs of the user accounts?

0 Likes 0 ·
devisrossini avatar image devisrossini brendan commented ·

Title ID: DF60

Original account (created in February, used until 10/03): 5A6D4609C8A880C2
Duplicated account (created on 10/4/2017): 1A518211AB286649

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.