question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Outdated Tutorials Question

Politicalpeacestudios
started a topic on Sat, 15 August 2015 at 10:06 PM

I just started using Playfab with Unity. I am creating an app in which I need user registration/login and most importantly a secure virtual currency system. So to me Playfab looks appealing. But its been three days now trying over and over to get this working on Unity. I tried following this tutorial, https://playfab.com/videos and I really want to use this Angry Bots Demo so I can see how everything works! But it seems like the video is all outdated and I can't find the proper Angry Bots Playfab Demo. Is there like an asset I can get to see how to use Playfab? I don't understand the documentation. I need help I really want to be a Playfab customer but I'm stuck. Is there an up to date tutorial series?? Please someone point me to the right direction.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
sketchwork said on Sun, 16 August 2015 at 5:46 AM

Glad you got it working. PlayFab is an excellent back end solution which is easy once you know your way round it and it packs a huge punch with some fantastic features which the development team are constantly adding to. Great stuff!!

4 Comments
Politicalpeacestudios said on Sun, 16 August 2015 at 1:09 AM

I got the Angry Bots Demo Working. For those with this issue download Angry Bots Demo HERE. Follow the instructions below it. Instead of throwing the whole folder into Unity. Go in the folder, open the folder called Assets, Select everything in that folder, then drop all of it to Unity. And continue to follow the instructions on the list. Even the tutorials by Playfab CEO will be helpful at this point.

Politicalpeacestudios said on Sun, 16 August 2015 at 3:16 AM

I officially have Playfab working. I must say I think Im in love. i have tried Parse, and Kii, but Playfab by far takes the cake. Long Live Playfab!

sketchwork said on Sun, 16 August 2015 at 5:46 AM

Glad you got it working. PlayFab is an excellent back end solution which is easy once you know your way round it and it packs a huge punch with some fantastic features which the development team are constantly adding to. Great stuff!!

Politicalpeacestudios said on Sun, 16 August 2015 at 6:02 AM

Hey sketch work! Thanks for the reply and nice to meet you! I totally agree with you, I will forever be a loyal client to Playfab. I still have much to learn but little by little I know learning these skills will be a great asset. Hey sketch, if your not to busy maybe you can help me with another Question I am having. Maybe it will be simple for you! Thanks again for the reply.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.