question

Jeff Sherwin avatar image
Jeff Sherwin asked

Prize tables are counted as action triggers?

I put a prize table on each of my leaderboards and now it is telling me i have 21 action triggers?

And it won't let me make an actual action trigger now.

if this is as intended, some verbiage up front on prize tables would be great to let the user know that these count as action triggers and will be billable - right now on limits it is showing 21/3 action triggers

feels like a bug - if you let me have 25 leaderboards wouldn't i get a matching prize table?

thanks

ps - for game DF14

Leaderboards and Statisticslimits
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's correct - all Actions in the system (for Rules, Segmentation, Prize Tables, etc.) are action triggers. I'll open a bug for the team to make sure we appropriately limit prize table creation.

We provide a fairly small number of Actions to our free tier developers, so that they have the ability to build some basic automated live game operations. But realistically, we cannot afford to provide a large number of Actions for titles where there's zero revenue, as we need to limit our costs in that tier.

If you'd like to discuss moving to the pro tier, which has significantly higher limits across the board (including Actions), feel free to reach out to us at devrel@playfab.com.

11 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeff Sherwin avatar image Jeff Sherwin commented ·

Drag okay - will write cloudscript to do it then - it's just giving a prize when leaderboards turn over.

Pretty misleading. Thought this feature was done in my list - lost time.

I don't mind paying but I have yet to launch and see if any users show up

Will be hard to pay you if not making any money on the game.

Plus I am struggling with binding to playfab if/when it becomes cost prohibitive to use the service.

Thanks for the quick answer!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Jeff Sherwin commented ·

Apologies for the confusion - we're working to make sure everything is as well documented as possible, but it does look like that one needs some additional docs.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff Sherwin avatar image Jeff Sherwin brendan commented ·

No worries. I wrote to devrel as you suggested. Would be a huge loss to have to unbind from you now but this kind of thing keeps happening around pricing. You guys should really clear it up - confusing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

what sort of response time should I expect from the devrel email address?

0 Likes 0 ·

We answer most everything within one business day. However, I don't see any mail from you to that email address yet. Can you re-check the address in your email?

0 Likes 0 ·

sent: devrel@playfab.com

Title: struggling with pricing

@2:22PM Pacific

Didn't get a bounce message

Also it looks like I can do the same thing with a task and cloud script. Which is exactly what I would have done if there any been any sort of warning about prize tables being charged as action triggers. Cost a couple of days of testing. :)

EDIT: Feels pretty expensive for a function I wrote in a half hour - your price list $49.99 / 100,000 MAU for 50 action trigger which is where 21 would put me.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Found more ambiguity.

On limits Dashboard, it states the limit is 5 JOBS but under automation these seem to be listed as TASKS.

Also much of what is stated on limits as free is marked as charged on your price list.

hth

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, the intent with that one was to be more generic, as in future that'll likely refer to more than simply scheduled tasks. But you're absolutely correct that this needs to be clarified, so we'll get that taken care of.

1 Like 1 ·

Thanks @Brendan!

You do a really great job on these boards.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.