question

carlo avatar image
carlo asked

Set a default DisplayName

Hello,

We would like to set a default "Display Name" to a new user created, what would be the best way to do it, is there any tutorial what would explain the process (I imagine it will require cloudscript)

Thank you

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Nope, no tutorial needed - you can simply use https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/UpdateUserTitleDisplayName to set the title display name for the player.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

carlo avatar image carlo commented ·

Thank you Brendan,

We actually already use this function in the client but since we are asking the user a new Display Name when the game detects a new player, however in the game it is possible that the user just Quit the Application before we can submit it so we would like to have a way to avoid null Display Name and have it set to some default Display Name in the server at the creation of the account so I bet is this something we could do on an playstream event player created ?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan carlo commented ·

Sorry, but UpdateUserTitleDisplayName isn't in the Server API right now. I can open a backlog item for this, but I'd recommend putting it in the Feature Requests forum (since we prioritize in part based on user feedback). For now, I'd recommend just having the client update the title display name - you can always check the current user's display name on sign-in, and set it if there isn't one.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.