question

pprkgraphiks avatar image
pprkgraphiks asked

SetGameServerInstanceTags api,

First, I tried using SetGameServerInstanceData api. I think I sent a successful request.

However, the GameServerData of Json History in Playfab Game Manager -> Multiplayer -> Activate Games Lobby Event is still showing as Null. How do I populate GameServerData with this value? I don't want a Null. Thanks for read @Brendan.

apis
1.jpg (78.0 KiB)
2.jpg (221.0 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Game server instance tags and game server custom data are actually two different things - the tags can be used for filtering in calls to Matchmake, while the custom data is returned in queries (and so, can be used for display). As I pointed out in the other thread, I'd recommend having a look at this API call: https://api.playfab.com/documentation/server/method/SetGameServerInstanceData.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.