question

usachovdailymagic avatar image
usachovdailymagic asked

I am getting "error":"CloudScriptFunctionArgumentSizeExceeded"

I have read about plans to increase this limit a year ago. Is there any possibility to pay for increasing this limit?
I have paid for 50kb to increase limit of player data(title) from 10kb. But now I am stucked at this 30kb limit.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We don't currently provide an upgrade to the total size of the input parameters to Cloud Script, but what is it you're trying to do? Maybe we can find a more optimal route for you?

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

usachovdailymagic avatar image usachovdailymagic commented ·

I am just trying to save my game progress. It is huge sometimes. Player can collect many game items during the game and my field element with items grows over 30kb. :)
I can do it in another way:
1. Separate this field in several fields
2. Save this field in several requests

but all theese ways aren't optimal for me
Is there any other ways to do this?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan usachovdailymagic commented ·

What logic are you doing in the Cloud Script to check for cheating of the data? I suspect that the answer here will be one of:

1) Just write the save data from the client (if you don't need to validate everything in it for cheating),

2) Update it in multiple "packages", with each being a logical subset of the data, or

3) Use a custom game server, so that you can have much larger saves, more time to process those save files, etc. Cloud Script is designed for relatively lightweight operations, so it's possible that you've reached a usage level where this would be your best option.

0 Likes 0 ·
usachovdailymagic avatar image usachovdailymagic brendan commented ·

Thanks for the quick answer!
Please tell some details:
1). In your 1st paragraph you mean that I can use clentAPI request and there is no limit in 30kb? For example method "PlayfabClientAPI::UpdateUserData" from cocos2d sdk is correct for this way?
2).And this limit in 30kb is only for cloudscript argument?
3).About your 3rd paragraph and custom server - you mean I should use my own server and stop using playfab service? Or you mean there is a possibility to combine my custom server and playfab service to work together?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.