question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Need more keys per update of player/character data

Question from a developer:

I need more keys per player/character update per request. Is there any way to raise that limit during development, or any suggested workaround?

Player DataCharacter Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There are quite a few limits that are upgraded as part of signing up for the pro tier of service, and we can get you signed up for that at any point and make it a proviso for your title that you won't be billed until the title is live. But the number of keys update request is not one of the things we provide an upgrade for as part of our normal tiers. Simply put, each key is a database row, and so high numbers of keys in an update is one of the few ways a title could cause database throttling issues.

Now, that said, we do provide higher keys per update in private PlayFab clusters, but I don't believe that's what you have in mind, since that starts around $10K per "unit" (which could support up to 1M MAU, depending on your title's performance characteristics).

In general, what I would recommend is aggregating small keys into fewer larger keys. In our current data model, this is actually much more efficient. We'll be updating to provide for more options with player data later this year, but for now that would be the best approach.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.