question

Chris avatar image
Chris asked

Would it be a good idea using playfab for a contact form system ?

Hi !

I'm currently thinking of an in game contact form, for bug reports, feature request and such...

And I was thinking that instead of sending an e-mail, I could benefit from playfab...

Is this something that you've considered so far ?

Would you advise against it, and why ?

What would be the best design for this ?

I was maybe thinking of creating a "dev player id" that we would send player data to through cloud script for each "mail" ?

Thanks !

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Unfortunately, that won't work. Player data is designed to be written to and read from by a very small number of users (usually only one). If you want to send data from all your users to you, you would need to either use an email system or else (if the data is small enough to fit in the data payload) use a PlayStream event (using WritePlayerEvent) for which you could either get the Event Archive in your own S3 bucket and monitor for those messages, or use Webhooks to deliver them to your server.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chris avatar image Chris commented ·

Thanks, I thought so.

I went with a classic php/sql/mail solution, I was just curious about doing it differently :-)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.