question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Change Email Address

sketchwork
started a topic on Thu, 13 August 2015 at 2:24 PM

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is any way for the user to change their email address with an API call? I know you can add username and password to a semi-anon account, but what if the user just wants to change their email address?

Thanks again,

Justin

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

3 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 13 August 2015 at 6:07 PM

Hi Justin,

No, the problem is that if this is available, account hijacking becomes much more difficult for titles to manage, since the attacker can change the email address. We give you, as the developer/publisher of the title, the ability to change a user's email address at any time in the Game Manager though, so you can still manage these requests from your community.

Brendan

sketchwork said on Fri, 14 August 2015 at 12:12 AM

Makes perfect sense. One thing though. I tried to change the email in the game manager, but for some reason it won't change. I unlocked it, changed it, re locked it, submitted it. I then get the message that everything was saved successfully, but the emai address keeps changing back. Is this a known bug? Thanks, Justin.

Brendan Vanous said on Fri, 14 August 2015 at 12:17 AM

Hi again,

The order of operations should be:

Unlock

Change the email to what you need it to be

Save

That works in my test application. The only way it would reject this is if the email address isn't valid, or is already associated with another account in your Studio's Publisher ID space (accounts are shared for all titles within your Studio).

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.