question

gniemann avatar image
gniemann asked

API JSON Formats vs web admin portal JSON

When downloading from Playfab JSONs using admin API calls via: GetCatalogItems, GetRandomResultTables, GetStoreItems, ListVirtualCurrencyTypes, etc, the produced files differ from the manually download JSONs provided on the Playfab admin web portal. I understand why, removing white space, null key/values, etc, However in my case, I’m trying to automate updating many playfab dashboards with each other’s information.

I’m currently managing this by manipulating the downloaded JSON object, however, I’m looking for less hacky way. Is there an option/API web request to pull the Catalog/ResultsTable/Store/Currency JSON’s in the same format as the Playfab admin web portals manual download?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There are a few differences between the download from the game manager and the Admin API calls. For example, the game manager downloads all stores for a catalog in one file, for convenience. We don't have an API that exactly duplicates the catalog/store/drop table download format at the moment (and we clearly can't change the format of either, as that would be a breaking change for folks using them now), but I'll add a request to the backlog for this. You may want to add an item to the Feature Requests forum, so that others can vote on this, to help with prioritization.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.