question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Multiple accounts on one device

Question from a developer:

Is it possible to have multiple accounts signed in to PlayFab on the same device? I am trying to manage multiple accounts during local play scenarios on consoles.

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Sure, the service is Web API based, and we use the Session Ticket to identify an individual player. So if you wanted to, you could write custom logic to support as many Session Tickets on one device as you like. To be clear, our own SDK does not support this, as it only stores one Session Ticket locally. But there's nothing preventing you from doing it in your own client code.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ed-dev avatar image ed-dev commented ·

Hi Brendan,

So if I capture the session key on user successfully logging in. I can rework some PlayFab API to feed in a captured session key and used it for the X-Authorization request header and it should work?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan ed-dev commented ·

Yes, you would need to record each player's Session Ticket when they log in, and then manage them in your own game logic, using each as the auth header for that player's calls.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.