question

notoriusdev avatar image
notoriusdev asked

CloudScript Question

I want to control a number in real time according to button clicks with cloudScript, I was thinking of saving that number in a database and updating it as that button was being pressed, however, I can not quite understand it Cloudscript, would you have any idea how I can do this? I just want to update this number in real time, as if it were, for example, to show in a UI text, the amount of online players. help me please. And sorry for the typos. Because I'm using google translator. thanks in advance.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

There's a full discussion of this topic in this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/956/211248347-Writing-Title-Data-in-Cloud-Script.html. In short, there is no generic data store that can be both read from and written to by all users. For the feature you describe a Redis integer value, or similar. We'll be providing queries for more realtime information on Segments in a future update, at which point the count of active users will be supported directly.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.