question

brenthinds86 avatar image
brenthinds86 asked

Scheduled Timed Quests Support

Hi, just want to say, I’m loving what I’ve seen of PlayFab thus far and I definitely want to keep on using it, as it’s the best BaaS I’ve seen thus far! :D

Now, on to the sticking point [Sad Reacts Only]

I’ve spent a couple days looking through the tutorials and APIs and haven’t found a way to accomplish what I’d like to effectively.

I’m making a game in which there are Timed Quests.

These Timed Quests :

• Can have a duration anywhere from 1 minute to a month.
  • Prescheduled, days or weeks in advance.
  • Are restricted by geographical region.
  • There May be dozens or hundreds of quests scheduled per region at any given time, all of which must be presented to the player so they can choose which they want to pursue.

I’m guessing that TitleData or Shared Data is not the way to accomplish this.

Is there an easy way to get this done via PlayFab?

Thanks in advance! :D

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, Title Data is specifically the right way to do this. What you would do is set up the quest info in Title Data, so that you can read the details of the quest goals, stages, etc. from there for all players, and then store each player's progress towards completion in user read only data or user internal data and statistics (updating those via Cloud Script).

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jrmcdona avatar image jrmcdona commented ·

@Brendan Quests would make for a great sample/recipe/blog post on how this is done in PlayFab.

1 Like 1 ·
Ilse Mul avatar image Ilse Mul jrmcdona commented ·

I'd love a tutorial on this too! Especially one that also includes information on how to group quests together like in a questline and quests that are bound to an area.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.