question

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar asked

AvatarUrl hidden limit: ImageUrl cannot exceed 200 characters

Today I decided to migrate from a workaround I was using to the AvatarUrl feature.

I stumbled upon this error/limitation of 200 characters per URL.

"UpdateAvatarUrl: error InvalidParams message Invalid input parameters details {ImageUrl:[ImageUrl cannot exceed 200 characters]}"

Please update the API doc page.

And can you make the limit more flexible, some facebook profile picture URLs are longer than 200 characters, I have at least one failing with 201 characters!

apisPlayer DataAccount Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We've been reviewing the auto-generator for the docs, as we do need to ensure that we're pulling in the min/max lengths from there, across the board - we'll make sure that's in-scope for our updates to the docs.

We can look into the possibility of making it longer, but can you give me some example URLs? My own Facebook profile pic URL is only 60 characters long - and it's only that long because I have the "?type=large" specifier.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

agniesportsyt avatar image
agniesportsyt answered

@Brendan Please tell me how to use UpdateAvatarUrl to store a url in ImageUrl string.

10 |1200

kamyker avatar image
kamyker answered

Docs still not updated

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.