question

tylerparker avatar image
tylerparker asked

"There was an error while loading data from the server...."

Attempting to:

• create new UGC item via Playfab Dashboard

• blocked via error: "There was an error while loading data from the server. Please reload the page to retry."

• despite this working last week?

• also, getting incorrect count on client 'fetch' (as count shows DELETED item, so total of 2, when should only be 1)

how best should I resolve: the inability to 'create' new UGC items incorrect (stale?) count when retrieving item count per GET request

many thanks in advance!

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

Based on the steps you provided, I did some tests. If I enter an invalid "Creator Entity ID", I will get the same error message as you. Similarly, if I don't specify the Image Type when uploading the Image I will also get this error. You can check your own steps based on the incorrect steps I described above. Also, you can provide a Fiddler trace for us so that we can diagnose it and know what the problem is. You mentioned that “API call to GetItems - which used to show correct counts, now ALWAYS shows 2”. However, this API does not actually return the item counts. The API GetItems simply retrieves the specified items from the public catalog, I think you may mistake the “TotalCount” for the item’s count. Please note that TotalCount represents the total count of ratings for the specified item. For more info about rating, you can refer to Adding ratings to your content. In addition, you can use API SearchItems to check the count of your items.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

I cannot reproduce the issue in my testing title, I used PlayFab Dashboard to create ugc and everything worked fine. You can clear the cache or use another browser then try again. If the issue persists, you can provide a Fiddler trace for us to diagnose it. Since you mentioned that client can not get correct item count, could you tell me how you get the item count? And whether the issue persists, or is there just some delay?

2 comments
10 |1200

tylerparker avatar image tylerparker commented ·

Unfortunately, still blocked by same error.

As mentioned, have created new UGC items in the past, but seeing this error now upon every 'creation' attempt.

Steps followed: 1. went to url: https://developer.playfab.com/en-us/r/t/A21E2/economy/catalog/ugc/new

1. clicked 'New Item"

2. for PROPERTIES, entered the following:

create entity type: title_player_account title: {"neutral":"knight"} start date: (any date in past) 05/29/23

1. for FILES, I uploaded the following:

knight.xml knight.zip // have also tried 'knight.fbx'

1. for IMAGES, I uploaded the following:

knight.jpg

1. finally, clicked 'save as draft' // also tried 'save and publish' button.

2. tried on same machine w/ multiple browsers, cleared cache, and even tried on new machine - but alas same error.

3. NOTE: I only have 1 existing UGC item (as deleted others, and unable to create new due to above blocker). However, API call to "GetItems" - which used to show correct counts, now ALWAYS shows "2" - despite only one UGC item existing (visible on my PF dashboard).

4. As the issue is consistent across browsers / machines, would assume this is account based?

Please advise, and thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
tylerparker avatar image tylerparker commented ·

fwiw, I believe the "ghost item" appearing in my API call, sounds like similar errant behavior mentioned in:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/68141/economy-v2-bug-unknown-inventory-items.html

so to recap: 1. can't make new items 2. seeing 'stale' item data in API call.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.