question

Matt Rochon avatar image
Matt Rochon asked

Economy v2 Transfer

At some point recently, transferinventoryitems cross-collection stopped respecting the 'NewStackValues' property.

5988-image.png

For months this has been working, but all of a sudden it does not seem to be. The request passes, but the item does not receive the new stack values.

In-Game Economy
image.png (105.3 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

Thanks for sharing this info, I will report this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt Rochon avatar image Matt Rochon commented ·

Ok, this is sort of a breaking change, is there any info about it?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

Thanks for reporting this issue. We'll take a look to see if we can reproduce it.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com commented ·

We spent some time looking into this. There is definitely an inconsistency between single-collection transfer and cross-collection transfer when it comes to NewStackValues. We don't think the behavior has changed recently, though (it seems to have always been this way).

What I can say is that, yes, it appears like we aren't respecting NewStackValues in the cross-collection scenario. We'll look into correctly adding support for that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt Rochon avatar image Matt Rochon kylemc@microsoft.com commented ·

I know for sure that this was working at one point. I wrote the code that relied on it months ago. This was a core test case.

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com Matt Rochon commented ·

The fix for this should be deployed now. All versions of transfer should work as follows:

1. if (the stack exists) do not update the display properties.

2. else if (new stack values include properties) set the properties for the new stack.

3. else copy source stack properties to target stack properties.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.