question

mmanolovits avatar image
mmanolovits asked

Get Facebook linked account info after failed to LinkFacebookAccount/LinkDeviceId?

I would like to show user data (level, xp) in comparison for current account and Facebook linked account when user tries to link Facebook account but it's already linked to another account. Something like this:

Current account Facebook linked account

Username A Username B

Level 5 Level 2

Xp 1000 Xp 200

Is there anyway to get another account's info/user data? (I assume that I wouldn't be able to have PlayFab id of that account right?)

Steps

1. Link Facebook account to PlayFab account
  2. Get error LinkedAccountAlreadyClaimed
  3. ***Get Facebook linked account info/user data
  4. Show account comparison
  5. User chooses which account to use
  6. Re-link account

I would like to show user data (level, xp) in comparison for current account and Facebook linked account when user tries to link Facebook account but it's already linked to another account. Something like this:

Current account Facebook linked account

Username A Username B

Level 5 Level 2

Xp 1000 Xp 200

Is there anyway to get another account's info/user data? (I assume that I wouldn't be able to have PlayFab id of that account right?)

Steps

1. Link Facebook account to PlayFab account
  2. Get error LinkedAccountAlreadyClaimed
  3. ***Get Facebook linked account info/user data
  4. Show account comparison
  5. User chooses which account to use
  6. Re-link account
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, quite a few games that use our service do that. What you need to do is either 1) log the player into each account and read the data, or 2) read the data from the "second" account (the one you're not currently signed into) via Cloud Script. For 2, you could look up the second account using any of the available methods in GetUserAccountInfo, but please be careful to only enable this for cases where you can confirm that the player is legitimately the owner of both accounts - otherwise, players are bound to abuse this to hijack accounts.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.