question

deniz avatar image
deniz asked

Playfab-Unity Leaderboard with Facebook Login

Hi Brendan,

We want to use PlayFab to save our users highscore data after the login with Facebook and show them a leaderboard that includes name surname and highscore informations. Can you please help me to understand what should i do while scripting.I can send highscore variable to playfab and create a playfab account for the user and also relate that account with facebook account but I have issues between facebook login user datas and showing them at leaderboard.

Player DataLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If you want to use the players' real names as their names in the leaderboard, you should set Title Display Name to be non-unique in your game, and use it as the Title Display Name in-game. In general though, I'd recommend against this, as players may find it intrusive or feel that it compromises their privacy. What I would recommend is that you use GetFriendsList to query for all the info about the player's friends and cache it locally for the duration of the session, and only display the real names of users who are friends of the current player.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.