question

aaronlogancheney avatar image
aaronlogancheney asked

Reward Players with Decrease Recharge Time,Change virtual currency recharge time per user

I'd like to implement a reward system in my game that allows users to watch an ad and receive a one-time reduction in the time they wait for a virtual currency to recharge.

For example, if a user has 12 hours left before the currency recharges but they watch an ad, their wait time decreases by 6 hours for that one time.

Is this something possible with the Client API? After doing some research on my end it doesn't seem like this is supported since currency doesn't have a notion of the users that are waiting for a recharge.

Thanks!

I'd like to integrate a reward system for users into my game (watch an ad to get a reward), and I'd like the reward to be a decrease in the amount of time the user has to wait for the virtual currency to be recharged.

For example, if they watch an ad when they have 12 hours left until their currency recharges, it takes only 6 hours.

Is this something that can be done on a per-user basis? A bit of research on my end has not yielded any results, and it seems like it may not be possible since currency recharge rates don't seem to have a notion of the user. But I thought I'd check in here.

Thanks!

In-Game EconomyPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Well first, it's definitely not something you'd want to do from a Client API call, since that would allow a hacker to send that message whenever they wanted to.

The regeneration rate for virtual currencies isn't something that can be set per-player, as it's a global setting. If you want to provide accelerated regeneration of currency, the best way to do that would be via Cloud Script. When the player gets the reward, record that to the player's (read only or internal) data with the timestamp and the time to the next VC regeneration (which you can get by querying the inventory). That way, you can have the client make a call on a login, or before spending currency, to update the VC balance - that's another Cloud Script handler, in which you would check for the regeneration rate increase bonus, and compute any additional currency the player should have using the stored values.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.